Excursions, Aerosol Paint. © Emilio Florentine
1. Who are you?
2. What do you do?
I paint exploding flowers. They are a visual study of the chaos within beauty.
3. When/Where/How did you get your start?
I began drawing cartoon and comic book characters at an early age. In my early teens, I enrolled in advanced art lessons after school in Somerville, NJ.
4. How long have you been at it?
A long time.
5. What is the most important thing we should know about you?
I own a fine art and apparel screen-printing business called Jersey City Screen Printing.
6. Is there anyone else in your field that you particularly admire?
The local artists and graffiti writers of Jersey City and Newark
7. What other types of art are you in to?
Screen-printing and colored pencil
8. You got any crazy hobbies or unique talents?
Skateboarding and Snowboarding
9. What’s your favorite vice?
10. How do you make it over the creative hump?
The answer to the previous question.
11. If someone was to write a craigslist missed connection about you, what would it say?
The guy on the path train with paint all over his clothes, messy hair, and drawing in a sketch-book.
12. Tell me about the last time a project blew up in your face?
Today, ink dried in my screens too fast.
13. What is your most prized possession?
My drafting table